This year for Campfire, we are moving things online, with accommodations for both those who are comfortable in small, socially-distanced gatherings, and those who prefer to interact from their own homes.
Youth Unlimited’s Campfire 2020 will be taking place Wednesday nights in August at 7pm. The specific dates are August 5, 12, 19, and 26.
Campfire 2020 costs $15 for youth who pre-register (Please note: pre-registration is required for anyone participating in the Socially Distanced Experience). This gives youth access to all online material, as well as receive Campfire-in-a-Bag, a tote bag with camp swag, a Bible, a camp book, snacks, and more! These will be delivered to each participant prior to camp starting.
The Online Experience
- Campers watch the videos on Youtube as they are released each week
- Campers can join YU staff on Discord for a virtual small group experience (we will send information on how to access this closer to Campfire)
- For extra fun, join us @yfc_campfire on Instagram as we release other videos and things throughout the week.
- Enjoy your snacks!
The Socially-Distanced Viewing Parties
- Campers must pre-register. You can find our protocol regarding COVID-19 here.
- The event begins at 7 pm at your local Youth Unlimited centre, where the group will watch the evening video, followed by a small group discussion. Youth participating in the local viewing parties have full access to online material as well in the event that they are not able to attend.
Upon registration and payment, expect followup from local Youth Unlimited staff with online access information, viewing party locations, and other information. If finances are an obstacle in a young person’s participation, please let us know. We have sponsored bags available. If you have any questions, please contact your local Youth Unlimited staff person, or Danielle White at 705-445-5445, or firstname.lastname@example.org.